Saturday, October 25, 2008



Friday night I go for a couple of pints in Codsall with Gary and Sarah. I resist a curry which I wasn't hungrey for, however that as not stopped me before. Saturday morning I wake up at the crack of dawn and its freezing outside. I decide to put off messing with the Cav and head to Vision Express to get my latest batch of contact lenses. The right eye is now unbeleivably super. The replacement left one though seems to be wrong? How can this be so???eh



Anyway I go next door to Currys and i find my mom some headphone which help cut out background noise. Next problem was tracking someone to actually pay. And when I do pay I leave the shop and the alarm goes off. Obvously the Saturday worker forgot to deactivate it on my product. Anyway no one from Currys stop me so I keep going. I cut from New Look and as I enter I send off their alarms. People look at me but no one stops me. I walk through the shop and to the exit the other end where I leave down the escaltors and as I leave the alarm goes off. But no one trys to stop me so I carry walking on. I cross the road and enter Beatties. The alarm goes off and people look at me but no one stopps me. I walk round to the art part and have a sniff around before leaving via one of the exisis to the car park. Of course the alarm goes off. But no stops me. Now its clear to me that in future why should we bother to pay for anything???? Just causaly walk out and remember to carry a Currys bag at all times!



Home and I finaly brave the cold to get the timing done. HEres the Dail test Indicator connected to the pump. Some jiggery pokery went on for a while.



First setting the engine to top dead center AKA TDC (see the red line I painted and the pointer).



Deactivate the cold start mechanisim witha screw driver. Helps if you muscle man, now thats not in the manual.



Reset the gauge and set to zero.



The rotate the engine so that it is at bottom dead center AKA BDC. The red line moves from the point through 60 degrees and thus pointing straight down.



Rotate the engine backwards and forwards to make sure it is spot on BDC.



Then set the dail up to read 2 on the inner dial and zero on the outer dial.



Now we are ready to set the pump into the correct timing position. This is down by loosening the pumps 4 bolts, putting the two timing bolts in the sprokets to keep them still and then rotate the pump just very slightly, using a dowl and mallet.



Now you have to do this so that the reading changes to 0.5mm to 0.6mm. Did you read that last bit right?? Anyway I aimed at 0.55mm as can be seen here.



Once correct the bolts were done up and the injection pipes reconnected. All to do now is put the starter motor on. I ponder will it start????



A quick shower and I'm off to a birthday party.



Zena's first birthday in fact.



And she was a lucky girl beacuse I got to play with all her new toys.



The house that Nack built.



Toys is one thing Zena is not going to need for Christmas.



When the crowds of people have dissperced we relax and eat cake.



Well Greg do you remember your first?




--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......