Saturday, February 26, 2011


DSC08988, originally uploaded by nackuk.

Well I finally got round to finding time to strip the Sony STR DB8930 down. As a recap the read sound had stopped working and while I tried to resolder the amp chips from the top its did not help. Anway with the rear amp circuit board out a removed the old matt grey looking solder from the amps and then resoldered them neatly. But his wasn't the only problem. One of the chip had near enough become completety de-soldered. So I solded the legs back in apart from one which was so bad I wired the leg to the next junction. I put it all back togeather and plugged it in. I connected a speaker on the back and put the unitinto test mode. I then put the speaker on each speaker output in turn and was happy it was all working again. But what the hell do I wan two for?





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......