Tuesday, October 04, 2011

More Storage


When I brought my orignal NAS drive to run on the wirless netwok I thought that the BIG 500GB hard drive would never fill. But with all those photos I take it has started to get near full. And so I decided to look for a bigger unit. I have stuck with a Synology unit and got a DS207+ and then fitted two 1 TB hard drives to give me 2TB of space.



I thought that a Sysnology unit would make it easy for me to use. But no this is a much more complicated affair than the old single drive. So after setting it up wrong and it formating the drives for 2 odd days and then transfer data for another I realised it was only seeing 1TB of space and using the other as backup! No I want 2TB. And so I had to start all over again. Ohh don't you just love Technology. Hopefully in a week or two I should be able to sell my old NAS drive.





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......