Saturday, July 28, 2012

Because I don’t smoke

My cigarette socket on my MX5 stopped working. Argg what a pain in the ass. Well I thought it would just be the fuse, but hello the fuses descriptions are all in Japanese. After a bit of searching books I decide on which fuse is the one and pull it. And the stereo system goes off. Obversily not blow then or not that one. I set out and pull each fuse out one by one checking which is blown. It turns out out though non of them???

A rumble through the internet forums and not much help there as my fuse box doesn’t match any others that have been put on the internet. Great. Then I try a different mutilmeter. Yay guess what, there is power there afterall. Its the socket thats knackered.

Off to Mx5 parts and the next day a new socket and lighter come.

This is the old socket a bit oxidized inside.

And so I fit it and great. Now I can use all those accessories again. Yippee.

New socket in place I can now use those accessories again, just in time for long journeys.

Technorati Tags:




--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......