Saturday, April 13, 2013

Getting on my bike

Its been a while since I’ve been on my bike, in fact every time I get it out I say this.

Well I pull it from the stuff on top of it in the garage. What do I find, well the chain is off not a problem and the rear reflector is not pointing in the right direction. Good god the little computer is in the front bag along with a lock and a spare tube! No doubt from Scarbourgh. A quick squirt of WD lubrication in the right places and its time to set off. Not that I get very far. The gears aren’t working for some reason. Turns out to be just a seized cable though and before you know it

I’m in the country side. Mind even with cycling my vivid green T-shirt and shorts aren't really enough to keep me warm. I pass a fair few people walking jogging and cycling.

At the half way point I come off the roads and head onto the canal side

From here on in I’m getting muddy

I pass by a jogger who I’d seen on the road going the opposite way to me. We must do a partial same course.

Suddenly the mud gets deeper I flick the gears to the lowest ratio and prey that I’m going to get through it as the tyres disappear beneath the gooey stuff.

I peddle on

Eventually reaching Brewood

And at the first bridge after Brewood I get off and head onto the road.

The the natural beaut area.

and out the other side into Brewood itself.

Up a very steep climb, which at this point really isn’t wanted.

Across the bugger of a road crossing and then continue upwards although not as steeply.

Finally onto the dangerous Brewood road with all the cars zipping ludicrously by.

and home. Wow that was great, I forgot how much I love a good ride.

I think you might be interested in this track: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=206636201117357774410.0004da56066ab3527cc69 Created by Google My Tracks on Android. Name: 51 Brook Close Activity type: - Description: - Total distance: 22.07 km (13.7 mi) Total time: 1:21:07 Moving time: 1:18:53 Average speed: 16.33 km/h (10.1 mi/h) Average moving speed: 16.79 km/h (10.4 mi/h) Max speed: 35.00 km/h (21.7 mi/h) Average pace: 3.68 min/km (5.9 min/mi) Average moving pace: 3.57 min/km (5.8 min/mi) Fastest pace: 1.71 min/km (2.8 min/mile) Max elevation: 231 m (759 ft) Min elevation: 0 m (0 ft) Elevation gain: 491 m (1609 ft) Max grade: 77 % Min grade: -35 % Recorded: 13/04/2013 11:53





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......