Friday, July 12, 2013

Bird House In My Soul

 

Friday at work I go for the big breakfast and this as it happens turns out to be a good thing.

From work I head up to Stockport. The train to Manchester from the close station leaves at 19:08 and I get there at 19:00. I park up and run to the station and manage to catch the train. Now really as I don’t know my way round Manchester that well I want to end up in Manchester Oxford Road, but no this train only goes to Piccadilly. Worse is that Google Latitude has been deleted and Google Maps. I can get Maps back but Latitude has been abolished by goggle argggg.

By the time I reach the destination I’m ten minutes late, the show has started and they will not let me in. I decide to stay and have a beer in the beer garden as its so warm. Here I note the room that me and Les had once in the Palace Hotel by the river, the beer garden being a balcony over the river.

Eventually Alan and Zoe turn up alone with the delightful Rosie and Brendan, and what was just going to be a casual drink turns into shall we go to F.A.B.

So we do! Now its really hot and I actually love the tunes they play in here, a couple of notable things happen, a group of lads want to have a chat with me about going to the bar, first I think they aren’t happy with my dancing. But in fact they are so enthusiastic about me going to the bar for 20 minutes that they will be buy me a beer to keep me there. Eh? Well they seemed to reckon that I dance well, so well that all the girls were hovering around my location. They really must have been on drugs, anyway we had a good chat and let them get on with it. The second thing I can clearly remember is knocking a full pint out of someone's hand whilst throwing my arms around widely and on the up lift I whacked their drink flying in the air past their face, up to the ceiling, then it coming straight down as we both watched it, and it smashing a zinga on the floor. Lots of glass lots of wetness. The chap though was happy with a polite oooh sorry and I get ya a replacement.

Eventually the club end with a last frantic dance to They Might Be Giants – Bird House In My Soul. We head into Manchester to get a cab, but instead go into a shop for a soft drink and then get on the 192 back to Stockport, otherwise know as the Happy Bus, as we get on the second floor there is a smell of happiness in the air and lots of people smiling. Can’t think why but there was. I consider the fact that I havn’t eaten for a long long time.

And so at 4am its time to get undressed and curl up. We are going camping today arn’t we????





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......