Friday, August 29, 2014

Eye Really Really Really

IMG_20140829_195625_898

With nothing happening with the house this weekend I contact Alan to say I can make the Foodie Friday night afterall. I pack last thing, remember to throw my laptop in and head off to work for a full breakfast to keep me going until the night.

IMG_20140829_195709_624

As things go I was flying up the M6 until Stoke when I was on the phone to Matt and coming up to the junction. Did I need to get off? I ended the call to get Google maps back up by then it was too late I’d gone off the junction I normally get off at and low and behold things got very bad. I got off at the next junction and just before Congelton things got even worse – now I had been station for a while? An accident? No just some temporary traffic lights. Thankgod for bladder training.

IMG_20140829_195724_705

I arrive at Alan and Zoe’s and go tot he toilet. What a relief. I call Matt at nearly eight o'clock who tells me he is going to drive down to town as it is raining and he is going to work in the morning anyway so doesn't want to drink much. I get changed and put in my wet weather contact lenses and hang around outside. Has he fallen asleep again? Eventually he appears zooming to a halt. I climb in we steam up!

IMG_20140829_231907_100

a while latter we are parked up near the church and head on in. and whilst I can’t wait for a burger for we head to high Peak Beers first. An AKA IPA for me and a after a long decision Matt selects one to. We head have a look around and see no one so go and stand next to the gig stage where its loud and try to call them from there. Erm no response. Well to the food stalls and there's a whole host of them to choose from this time! We walk up and down and whilst Matt goes to Cama Curry I order some sort of luxury burger cooked to order. A long wait latter and my burger is cooked and I’m ravenous. And here is Matt without food. What do you mean the queue was too long? I ask him if he want the burger to be cut in half but he lets me eat it. We roll on down to the main congregation area and there is everyone including the girl with most adorable smile.

IMG_20140830_012105_403

Some time later the heavens open up even more and the table cover is not good enough. Matt calls it a night and we all get up and head into Bakers, like so so many other people, creating a crowded buzzing atmosphere and a very wet patch under our table from Zoe’s handbag. What has she got in there? The night spins away and the company is the best. Alan goes out to the bank and I get him to get me some cash whilst he is out in the wetness of the night, whilst people are falling over in the wet puddle that Zoe has created inside the pub. The barmaid comes over and asks why we can’t keep it in our glasses and are pouring it all over the floor? Eventually Rosie and Scott get ready to depart in a taxi and I say a goodnight to the girl with the most beautiful smile who's company I have enjoyed for most of the night. For the rest of us the night continues for a while in bakers until it actually stops raining – and then we leave. On leaveing the door and heading across the square Zoe tries to get a taxi and they all drive off quickly seeing her happily wandering down the road towards them. I don’t blame them. I grab her hand and we walk on through Stockport until we get to Tasty Fish. Here I let her hand go in preference for some chips and spicy chicken wings. The others disappear whilst Darren and Alan wait with me for the chicken wings to be cooked. And when they come they are the very best chicken wings I’ve eve tasted. they truly are. We finish our chips and head back to Alan and Zoes, where more beer is drank, some GATV is played and Nack suddenly spots the clock is saying 4:50am. Hell its time to get up soon! That's it I’m off to bed in case Alan has some random idea to wake me up at 7:30am again and off upstairs I went to dream very nice things.





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......