Thursday, January 01, 2015

A New Day

DSC06399

We get up, slowly, there no rush, and I cook a massive breakfast for each of us. Not that we need a massive breakfast, we are all still full from last nights dinner. Les tells me he slept wonderfully. And at around 10am we get two messages. One from Mr Greenie asking if we want to go for a walk and one from Mrs Greenie asking if we want to go to Ikea. One thing I know and that is I want to leave the brick box. I reply to Green a fair few times, like who wants to go to Ikea on New Years Day. I might need wardrobes but I don’t want them yet. Eventually though Mrs Greenie replies first, luckily enough to tell us Mr Greenies phone isn’t working anymore. We are going to go for a walk and I know a simple on for us.

DSC06401

Sometime later we are here.

DSC06400

We start the walk at the furthest point from where I live and are going to walk to the centre highpoint where you can see it all!

DSC06496 

Of course you can’t take the sign with you but I have leaflets.

DSC06403

We set off but unlike the other day its not as icy wonderful. Kind of drab and damp. But we solider on.

DSC06407 

Either way the children are loving being outdoors as much as me.

DSC06416

And she is loving finding the next purple marker, as in purple like your trousers.

DSC06417

From here we can see the Wrekin, as in round the Wrekin. Of course I’ve zoomed in a lot, its not that big from here and if your closer its a lot bigger. Either way its far far far away.

DSC06419

And we keep going upwards in search of the amazing view we are promised.

DSC06420

Some how though I do not think its going to be everything that was promised.

DSC06421

In fact the best bit of the view is them, the people I am with, that's what makes me happy.

DSC06422 

Well we are meant to be able to see the world, but the truth is all we can see in large is the new Veolia Recycling plant (furnace to you and me). From here it is a large zit with a yellow pimple right in your eyes. Its bigger here then if your right up close to it at the Four Ashes, which after my comment about the Wrekin doesn’t make sense. Either way some shouldn’t have built it like they have. Its not marked on this plaque and I guess it doesn’t need to be as you can’t miss it, but I’m going to bring my marker pen back with me one day.

 

DSC06423

And there’s nothing to keep us here so

DSC06431

I read the bench and

DSC06435 

They head off.

DSC06436

and they are not hanging about searching for those “get us out of here” markers.

DSC06443

The thing is the walk turned out to be so much

DSC06445

shorter than anticipated, and more boring, however it needn’t be over just yet.

DSC06446

For there is the woodland walk too, I suggest it and everyone is up for it, a walk in the haunted woods. Well not so much haunted but a highwayman actually robbed around this parts. Now its just used for dogging.

DSC06447

We park up and look for the start point.

DSC06448

Its the memorial of course.

DSC06452

And then we were off in the more tranquil setting of the woods.

DSC06457 

And dogs, lots of dogs, this one inparticular though, a 1001 dog.

DSC06458

and friendly too.

DSC06464 

We paved our way through the woods, further, deeper, the trees welcoming us.

DSC06467

Nack, map reading is boring I’m told, but will she give it back to me, will she? Hell no. She is of course hiding the marker post.

DSC06471 

And on we trudge, forward, upward, but we all know where we are going to end up. We know the destination. That doesn’t encourage us.

DSC06473

Nack there's no need for hands to hold the map with now. An impressive trick, but can you show me where we are?

DSC06479

We are here of course.

DSC06481

At this fantastic point, the place to be, the place to see, to see the Veolia furnace at the Four Ashes.

DSC06494

We head quickly back into the woods following the markers, pretending we never saw it, that it was never there. That they never did build it, that no back handers had ever happened. How could something like that be built, and built so quickly, when say the West Midlands Tram Network never gets built. That though is a question no one should ask should they wish to keep there tongue or be ever seen again.

DSC06498

And so we disappear into the woods not asking such questions, but thinking, I can see why the highwayman did his business here.

DSC06510

Nack, can we take this tree home, she asks. 

DSC06512

We can of course take anything home, did you bring the saw?

DSC06518 

And whilst the others walked off, we being sawing the beech tree down, the only beech tree in the woods. It will burn well I tell her, and we will be warm.

DSC06520

Sometime later, but not much we return to the memorial and the cars, from here there is only one place to go to.

DSC06526

To the barns, shhhhs don’t tell my mom.

IMG_20150101_154412299

And we have a drink, and a chat, and we are are happy. Happy that is until the next feeding time, and its not that that make us unhappy. Its that is makes us overly full again.





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......