Saturday, June 20, 2015

Stokesay Castle

DSC09867

To see all the photos click on the picture above.

I somehow get up, get out of bed, get breakfast and look out of the windows. It is raining. Not a little bit but very very heavily. I consider last night a good move, as I’d not want to pack a wet tent away. I get in the car with the windscreen wipers washing away furiously and the head lights on.. I head west along the Wales Highway cruising at an astonishing 40mph. Now this I would have know from last night, right? Wrong. As last night on the way home the contra flow was 50mph going east. So why 40mph going west? I arrive at Stokesay castle at 9:10, and the car park gate is locked. At the entrance there is a car that goes away, and another, which a girl gets out of and comes and talks to me. She is here awaiting to be let in herself as she works there. Apparently they don’t open until 10am, so i have got some time to wait, and she is waiting for the manager to come and open the car park. This gives me time to do two things after we eventually finishing chatting in the beautiful morning sun – here. Obviously not where I was living. I cleaned out my boot and then when the car park opened, I polished the interior of the car.

 

 DSC09870

I pondered if Alan and Zoe were going to turn up. They said they were going to get here for 9am, and don’t be late like you always are Nack. So for once I’m on time. Have they changed there minds. There was no way to check and no signal on the phone. With nothing more to do on the car I decide to go in.

 DSC09871

First i pop into the church though, as we all know i like a good church.

 DSC09878

And this one is a good as most. Very quiet, but then there is only me here!

 DSC09884

I wonder tot he ticket office and ask for a ticket for one, which by now must have confused the girl who attended to my ticket and our conversation earlier that I was waiting for two people, and just as I left the ticket office, I hear the voice of Zoe, “Nack, Nack we are here”. I smile it is good to see them.

 DSC09886

I never actually realised that Stokesay Castle is actually “on my doorstep”. Nor the fact that it isn’t actually a castle either.

 DSC09894

What it is though on this wonderful morning though is beautiful, a quiet setting and peaceful with very few people here. We sit a t first and have a cup of tea.

 DSC09897

We start our tour and audio guide.

 DSC09919

Which takes us through a detailed and interesting story of the buildings.

 DSC09971

Some of it bleak and some of it very nice.

 DSC09950

We wander, we gaze we enjoy.

 DSC09957

And then we head to the roof.

 DSC09953

For an impressive view

 DSC09958

of the roof.

 DSC09960

But the view is really good actually and you can see why they built it here.

 DSC09959

But not why they drove their kart through the lake?

 DSC09961

Of course at the top is a flag, a flag that is flying.

 DSC09968

And an Alan, that isn’t flying.

 DSC09970

The scene is so picture cardy

 DSC09979

that one doesn’t want to leave too quickly.

 DSC09985

We do the romantic moat walk.

 DSC09987

And enjoy the nature around us.

 DSC09995

The architecture.

 DSC09998

and the castle once more.

 DSC09999

Eventually though there is nothing more to see and it is time to say goodbye to Alan and Zoe and to head back East along the Wales Highway and back to the midlands.

 IMG_20150620_135702

I go and get my hair cut, that needs doing so badly. And then some shopping at Lidel for a change. I see this shower fitting and consider it at £22 a good buy. But will it fit. I note the details and consider it.

 IMG_20150621_111127

Back at home my herb garden has gone mad. Yep it grows better when I’m not here!

 IMG_20150620_160237

and where has my Buddha gone?

 IMG_20150620_173232

I open one of my birthday presents and consider how I’m going to mount them? Do I need my drill? And if so which one?

 IMG_20150620_173223

A short while later they are up.

 IMG_20150620_174808

And an even shorter while, they are lit.

 IMG_20150621_111143

Even better though is I put up my new washing line, and now this new one has two lines. Yes that's right I’m a two washing line man now, ohh life's so exciting.

 

IMG_20150621_115700

And with that I relax in the garden, consider what I’m going to do with myself, that is before going to bed early – remember that Zoe said I need to be careful, I need to keep resting for a bit.





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......