Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sky's The Limits

IMG_20161020_222150

I get an Amazon parcel before I leave for work. As it happens its my next book.

IMG_20161020_081646

At the station I look at what high paid people are trying to influence me in and

IMG_20161021_081800

then divert my eyes into something which might take my mind much further away.

IMG_20161022_160955

Back on the ground, it is Sky box turn on day. I’ve had a text to say plug it in, its swap over day and it has happened. To be frank I don’t want to use the free box, but to keep things simple we will to get up and running.

IMG_20161022_161024

After all this model SR102 is a load of crap. Crap technology inside, and both my BT Hub and Netgear router I have are far far better.

Screenshot_20161021-082225

So installation is simple. In fact too simple. Which is when I find that its so simple to make it so hard.

Screenshot_20161020-191545

So hard to use your own router! What??!? Yep, and I’m not the only one who is confused by this. No password and no username and if you call sky up they won’t know it either. It is built into the box and stays in the box. To get it out of the box is clearly not made easy. And never sky your sky broadband router. Because whoever gets it has your user name and password embedded into it. So they will use your user name and password as you can't change it.

IMG_20161020_203002

However there is a way to get that user name and password. First of all it involves downloading a program called WIRESHARK. So here we go……SKY’s the limit…….





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......