Friday, January 06, 2017

Technology Melt Down.

DSC_0215

So I settle down on the rug and write my blog. What a way to spend Friday night. But the budget for this month says stay in. I finish power off and close the lid. I then remember I need to book a couple of hotels. So I power her back up.

DSC_0217

This message doesn't look good.

DSC_0214

I call my brother and yes it would appear the SSD has died. You remember in this old girl I put one of those SSD drives in to help extend the battery. Well here you go the scandisk unit has died. No warning, just died. Now the old magnetic ones you nearly always get a clicking sound before they die, so you know to back the thing up. But here with stat of the art technology, we are screwed.

IMG_20170108_173612

I look at that bank balance again. Discuss it with my brother and decide to upgrade the PS4 to 1TB and use the drive in that for my laptop. So I order and old fashioned but very stable old type of hard drive. And they are a good price for the capacity. Still got to reinstall all that software though on the old girl. Technology wise, I’m not have a good start to the year. I miss my Pixstar.





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......