Sunday, February 05, 2017

The Surprise

DSC_0650

I get up early and set out to do what it was I was going to do yesterday.

DSC_0588

I check that we are all board and then set off north with the roof down heading towards.

DSC_0583

Bollington. I take the opportunity to say hello to the Jerds family and to check their house out. As it happens Mr Jerds wasn’t around. I leave with a card and present and get a gift that was meant to be my birthday present last June! However I got to tread on the lush, soft grassy lawn, to have a cup of tea and to get the grand tour.

DSC_0593

After which I go on a grand tour of my own.

DSC_0585

Top down and heading towards the Goyt Valley.

DSC_0629

Final destination Buxton Burger King for dinner,

DSC_0596

If they have one.

DSC_0598

It had been so, so very long since I’d gone roaming aimlessly in my toy.

DSC_0602

And whilst there was little signal out here Alan texted me a reply.

DSC_0592

Which meant I had to get the map out and work out where I actually was.

DSC_0628

And so I turned around.

DSC_0594

In the hope of a cup of real tea.

DSC_0626

And a cuddle with Mr Tickle.

DSC_0601

First though

IMG_20170205_230927

I went to see the reservoirs

IMG_20170205_230855

Which I had been to before on a walk with Alan to some cemetery and ruins hidden away.

DSC_0606

Well here I am. DSC_0605

And the main road from here was a whizz to drive on.

DSC_0603

From here I set the sat nav to take me the quickest way cross country.

DSC_0619

And before you knew it

IMG_20170205_220903

I was at Poynton, washing my car with Zoe, as she was just finishing hers off. I was even given a cup of tea by her mom.

DSC_0633

In our freshly cleaned cars we head over to Stockport. Apparently we are going to Rosie's to eat, what a nice surprise. Thankgod I didn’t go to burger king after all.

DSC_0631

I get some cream as requested and then some money from the cash machine at the One Stop. And there by the cash machine on a shelf were some car air fresheners for 25p. I take four and go to pay. He tries to charge me 48p for them in total, and being honest point out they are twenty five pence each. But oh no, they are 12.5p each as he can’t get rid of them. Apparently he has had them a year for £1 and no would buy them. Today though he has sold 30 odd. I consider wiping the shelf out.

DSC_0635

After a visit to the post office, we are round Rosie's, she is busy cooking something up in the oven, while Zoe is busy trying to give us all a cold. We eat a wonderful dish, as she always cooks wonderfully and then I help whisk up a chocolate pudding using Alan’s big big jaw breaking chocolate bar. I whisk and whisk and whisk until it is thick, unit it is creamy, until it is airy, and by the looks of it very,very chocolatey. I don’t say any thing about the chocolate, I know I would be outvoted anyway and some I like it. I whisk some more, I’m good at whisking. We get out the game I got Alan and Zoe for Christmas. While at first it seems complicated it is n fact simple. Alan does his best to out shine us all from the beginning, getting over 100 points very quickly before slowing down and letting us all catch him up. But we never do. The game is excellent, the food is excellent and the company too. When I got up this morning I never expected this Sunday to be like this.

DSC_0636

Before I go home I feed the toy, I have too or I’ll never make it, and I remembered that they close the motorway down to 1 lane every weekend now at 10pm, so I didn’t stay late.

DSC_0637

However when I got to my end the main road is also closed.

DSC_0640

I head down the lanes instead and cover my car in dirt.

DSC_0644

And I arrive to say hello.

DSC_0646

I look down.

DSC_0648

My passenger is still with me.

DSC_0659

Once home I put the rest of the cream Rosie gave me back in my fridge.

DSC_0649

I unwrap my gift and head to bed, I’m so very tired.

DSC_0661

That car is very tiring to drive.





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......