Saturday, June 10, 2017

This Isn’t What I Planned

DSC_4334

I get up and look over my wonderful garden. The plan I was thinking of yesterday I’m considering today. But you never know. I await the arrival of my parents as they are taking my brother somewhere. They are somewhat late though and with this I clean the bathroom, hover the house top and bottom, clean the kitchen floor, make breakfast, polish, and condition the leather sofas. Well one is leather the other may well be some inconspicuous man made concoction that imitates leather.

DSC_4339

So number one get to the pharmacy before 2pm which is when they close and pray the prescription is there. Two visit Man Cave, ala nice hair cut. Intresting half way through he asks how much I want cut off the top, and indicates with the scissors. I tell him I can’t see without my glasses, he kindly puts them on for me. A while later when he is talking into my right ear, I have to explain that doesn’t work too. We have a laugh together and he pampers my until he has made a real nice job of the thatch above. I go to pound land, but they only have 5 bulbs in gold and one multi-coloured one. However I remember that Poundworld turned into Poundland, yes we have two pound lands in Cannock and thus went in there. Its better but not so popular in here, and guess what. They have loads of them. Tonight I will be getting the drill out. I get back to the multistory car park.

DSC_4341

This is it then, set the clock and off we go heading south.

DSC_4346

Now driving mid day on a Saturday you never know what the traffic is going to be like. However it is not like it is on a weekday morning. So while the traffic is free flowing, there is on car that has its cruise control set to 50mph. Yes I even get overtaken by a caravan, attached to a car just in case you are wandering.

DSC_4348

45 minutes later and some 27 miles I’m here.

DSC_4350

Actually doable. I pull into Morrisions car park and buy 3 x 70 litres of soil for £9. It’s like I’m meant to be here. This of course means that I need to visit the Range, back in Cannock. I look at the plants and head indoors.

DSC_4352

I obviously haven't come to Morrison's in Rubery for fish and chips, it’s just that I may as well have a slightly early tea or come for some soil for that matter. I’m here for an entirely different reason.

DSC_4353

And as I drive north I take the chance and opportunity to head around the Poades. I haven't seen that many people for a while, and especially haven't seen the Poades. There are three new Poades to contend with.

DSC_4356

As if the big one isn’t enough to contend with. We watch 8bit retro something or other and Temple of Doom.

DSC_4355

At which point the teddy bear, the wisest of them all, telepathically tells me to check the time, I must get to the Range.

DSC_4358

Sometime later just before the Range closes, I come out with 4 wooden things, you know, the wooden border type things, these. I put them in and

DSC_4360

get the soil. They can’t sell many of those bags as they are dam heavy, I mean 70 litters of soil must be roughly 70Kg.

DSC_4361

It would appear that the plan for the garden will work out.

DSC_4362

Although I need another 7 to get to the bottom of the garden and therefore probably another 6 bags of soil.

DSC_4363

For now though I reposition the rocks.

DSC_4364

It all looks good.

DSC_4336





--------------------------



"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.



--------------------------











 

NackUK HOME

NOWHERE

 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......