When I get up, its just how I thought it would be. Wet food not touched , dry food well down.
I climb into the motor and head to work with some discs in my bag.
Sometime later around my parents, I open the car door.
Here are the discs, a firmware update for the sat nav,
and a map boot up disc and SD card with the maps on.
And so we get ready.
Now the only reason I can figure that the car and sat nav were not talking together properly is that the satnav isn’t the original one but a refurbished one. And I imagine the original one died as someone tried to do, what I am about to do and upgrade it, unofficially. I have been sent some specific instructions to follow.
First the firmware upgrade.
Man this is slow. I mean slow.
There is a lot of switching on and off and on of the unit automatically,
man tis is taking some time to do. Thankgod we have a good battery on it.
It’s still doing it….
It has restarted again,
now we have a message in some foreign language.
and then we have what we want. A successful message,
I switch it on and see, yep it is booting up.
I then go into the secret settings menu and
check the software number it has been upgraded to.
I also check the maps version as we are about to try to update those too.
Disc in and turn the unit off and on.
We get a message and
then some acceptance screens,
which we accept.
The unit that turns off and on a couple of times before
hitting this screen, where by the instructions I was given warned it would look like nothing was happening and would sit at 31% unit finished.
Which would be in 30 minutes.
I left it and went and had tea.
When I came back i could see the disc had ejected itself and
a successful screen had come on.
As instructed I reset the unit using the key presses and it then rebooted and came back on.
and there you go V15 maps. Wow sorted, all upto date.
And with that I say goodnight to these two soppy things.