Saturday, January 27, 2018

Only 3 Years.


Saturday I woke up early, and I was in the mood for getting the fence done. I read Tommy Walshs tips on fencing from a book and made a cup of tea. I got out the tools and


looked at the situation. I remove the fence panel and reposition the good one


where the bad one is further down the garden. I can’t get it in myself and there is no sign of the neighbour. I prop it up for now.


Situation turns out to be the post is cracked. Wow what the wind can do.


I get the spade out and get digging. A lot of digging. A lot of pulling a lot of leverage. Eventually the spade breaks! Well that’s the end of digging. Eventually I remove the post.



One hole.


I drag the post to the drive way and consider the options of


the gate. Erm????


Well the sewer runs directly under here, so I’m not going to dig that up. That is only going to lead to a whole lot of other issues I don’t want to go into.


So with that I go indoors.


I get out the paper catalogues. I go on the web to see what is available locally. And then consider the fact that a concrete post of 2.4meters is required and I need a vehicle that would take such a length. I think of Gerty. As it happens Gerty is not insured, but this did mean that I got a cup of tea. I knocked the neighbours up and left to go and see Sara and her brand new motor with a tape measure and two towels. A while later in Wickes, she went to look at the kitchens while I looked at garden posts, cement, a new shovel to replace the shovel I broke earlier, a wooden post, some raw bolts, a post holder. A while later we loaded for lovely car with a long post, delicately down the center wrapped in towels. Unbelievably it went in the car really well!


Back at the work place there is no sign of the neighbour still.


While I wait, and some 3 years later, or earlier depending how you look at it, I get the second one out of the box. The first one has been up and functioning for a while. And when putting it up, I remembered why I left the second one in the box.


But now it is up it looks good. At some point I’ll have to wire the lamp in. That's a whole lot of other mess, and plastering. That will probably be another 3 years.


Sometime later the neighbour comes out and helps drop the lower garden panel in. We have a chat about the works, and life. And that I’ll be busy for the next two weekends at least. He promises me he’ll get it sorted.


For now this is how it will remain. But for how long? And will I end up doing it myself?



No comments:

Post a Comment


"Nowhere Near The End Of the Rainbow"
contains information that is non-accurate, made up and in some cases just down right lies. Anything in this blogg may be based on true fiction but to help dramatise it, some items may have been embellished. Some names are made up, others are not and any that are familar to yours just are.





 Near The End Of The Rainbow

An account of something that may one day turn out to be wonderful.......